Peter McDonnell has been involved in the real estate industry for over 25 years, most recently as a principal at Conversion Management Associates, Inc. a real estate advisory, development management and construction management firm headquartered in San Francisco. Peter has provided his clients with a wide array of services including, development and construction management services, development feasibility analysis, acquisition and construction financing as well as problem asset management.
Current and Past Projects Include:
- Senior Project Manager for the Center Street Garage Replacement project for the City of Berkeley managing the geotechnical investigation, Phase I and II environmental reviews, parking mitigation program, parking demand study and project contracting.
- Principal in Charge for the Vedanta Society of Northern California Old Temple Seismic Upgrade and Renovation, a 3,600 square foot building originally constructed in 1905. The project includes the construction of a new foundation to include basement meeting rooms, restrooms and storage rooms. The renovation of the Sacred Auditorium (first floor) and two floors of residential space above.
- Principal in Charge for the Marin Catholic High School Grandstand & Field House project, a 1,200 seat stadium with press box and 7,100 square foot field house building, including state of the art weight room, two locker rooms, snack bar, trainer’s room and public restrooms. Peter provided complete development services, from initial programming, entitlements and approvals through design and construction. The project was completed on time and within budget.
- Principal in Charge for real estate advisory services, provided to Wells Fargo Bank on owned real estate, including office buildings and numerous residential developments from single family lot developments to condominium projects in various states of entitlement and construction. Provided market and development feasibility analyses including recommendations on asset disposition or furthering improvements as well as expert witness services. Current work includes the entitlements of 28 lot single family home development in Castro Valley CA.
- Principal in Charge for Marin Catholic High School Student Center, a 27,000 square foot building including commercial kitchen, servery, multipurpose room, seven classrooms, courtyard and extensive landscaping. Peter and the CMA team worked with the Owner and design team to rework the project to bring the project within the specified budget. The project was completed ahead of schedule and within budget;
- Sr. Project Manager for the Cathedral of Christ the Light, a $172 million, 225,000 square foot mixed used complex consisting of a 1,500 seat Cathedral, chancery space, retail spaces, conference facilities, a rectory all with underground parking and a mausoleum in downtown Oakland;
- Project Manager for The Letterman Digital Arts Center, a 900,000 square foot office complex with a 600,000 square foot subterranean garage and 7 acre park located within the Presidio of San Francisco. Peter was responsible for obtaining all permits and approvals for construction of the project from the Presidio Trust and the City of San Francisco. Managed the design and construction of the extensive site improvements including the seven acre park as well as the child care play yard.
Prior to joining CMA Peter was Regional Vice President, Bank of America Real Estate Group, San Francisco Office.
Peter holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo and currently sits on the Development Board of St Vincent de Paul School in San Francisco.