Eileen Ash has over 25 years experience managing large-scale, complex and multifaceted new building, interior build-out and renovation projects, consistently meeting budget, schedule, and client expectations. With a background in architecture, construction, and business management, Eileen negotiates a broad range of project components, from site and lease evaluation, through design, construction and occupancy. She has extensive experience in managing corporate and institutional projects with complex requirements. Eileen is a consensus builder working effectively with the many stakeholders in a project to ensure a successful project for all. She has managed multiple, concurrent construction projects on a phased and accelerated basis, including the design, engineering, construction, procurement and installation of all furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E).
Representative Projects Include:
- Principal-In-Charge for the Center Street Garage Replacement project for the City of Berkeley overseeing a feasibility study, potential partner agreements and conceptual design for a 260,000 sf, 780 space garage in downtown Berkeley.
- Technical Representative for the City of San Jose representing the project Stakeholders and for center operator, Team San Jose, on the expansion and renovation of the San Jose McEnery Convention Center. The $120 million project includes Renovation of the 425,000 sq. ft. center, Addition of 125,000 sq. ft. of meeting and ballroom space, new Central Utility Plant and Building Systems upgrades.
- Principal-In-Charge for The Cathedral of Christ the Light, Oakland, California, a $172 million, 225,000 sq. ft. mixed-use development consisting of a 1,500 seat Cathedral, conference facilities, office, retail, residential and underground parking, including overall development management from programming and feasibility analysis, master planning, site acquisition, design, entitlements and construction to FF&E and artwork procurement and installation and organ installation with regular reporting to numerous Owner committees.
- Providing feasibility analysis and due diligence for Barclays Global Investors Headquarters site selection, San Francisco, California, and project management for expansion and restack projects to address immediate space needs.
- Principal-In-Charge for the Tri-Valley Regional Theater, Livermore, California, a $65 million, public / private joint venture between the City of Livermore and the Livermore Valley Performing Arts Center (LVPAC). The development will include a 2,000 seat multi-purpose theater, full-scale stage and production support facilities, visitor center, and administration areas with a public plaza and adjacent site infrastructure improvements.
- Sr. Project Manager for Big Rock Ranch, Marin, California, a five building, 317,000 sq. ft. complex on 50 acres for Lucasfilm Ltd. Responsibilities included management of design, permitting, building construction, and FF&E (including custom furniture) for main office building, screening room, dining, fitness, daycare and archive facilities.
- Serving as Sr. Project Manager for the building conditions survey, feasibility analysis and $85 million renovation of the historic Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco, addressing the concerns of the owners, hotel management and lenders, managing the design and engineering team, construction contractors, State Historic Preservation Office, and other review agencies, while the Hotel remained operational.
- Sr. Project Manager for development of Strategic Plan for Pacific Gas & Electric’s 1.5 million square foot San Francisco General Office Complex, housed in four buildings with $20 million annual budget and management of several full floor renovation projects, including hazardous abatement, and code and life safety system retrofits in fully occupied building.
Prior to joining CMA, Eileen was Manager of Interior Construction for Bramalea Pacific, Oakland City Center, California, overseeing all phases of interior design and construction including planning, estimating, construction document coordination, bidding and contracting, scheduling, supervision of field operations and quality control for multiple new high-rise developments and office and retail projects throughout the center. She began her career working as an architect and has also worked for a general contractor.
Eileen holds an M.B.A. and a B.A. in Architecture from the University of California, Berkeley and studied in Florence, Italy, while attending Stanford University. She is a licensed architect, registered in California. Eileen is a member of the Board of Trustees for the Oakland Museum of California and the Executive Board of the Piedmont Council, Boy Scouts of America.